1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: What Old Ink Can Do
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Canon MG6821 - Not responding

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by RickF, Dec 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dec 2, 2018
    RickF

RickF Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma MG6821
    I searched for this problem without getting any results first. My apologies if I missed it...

I have a Canon MG6821 and it's been fine for a couple of years and really like — until recently. Now all of a sudden after it sits idle for a time, I turn it on and then try to print something from my PC - no response. The only way I can get it to work is 'unplug' it from the back then plug it in again and turn it on. I get the screen alert, "You didn't turn it off correctly. Next time use on/off switch". Well.... duh.

But it then the printer works fine. This has been going on for about a month now.

One thing of note is when I turn it on I'm used to it cycling back and forth. It doesn't do this anymore. It's like some 'hand shaking' is not taking place or something.

Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dec 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM
    RickF

RickF Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma MG6821
    Update...

Found out there were 2 drivers installed. Windows 10 update added one which was wrong. Thanks Mr. Softy. Fixed.

The Hat likes this.