Canon Megatank printers

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I looked at the MegaTank line, even printed test pages in a brick and mortar store. I ended up going a different route with a Canon Maxify (the 5120 when it was on sale for $150 but now $180 at B&H).

I knew going in that the Maxify is more an office printer with functional image quality but definitely NOT photo printer quality. The print speed is fantastic and you can purchase aftermarket cartridges, inks and ARC chips. There is an enormous thread on the forum dedicated to refilling this beasts.

* I still have not needed to refill or replace a cartridge and it has been almost a year! Opt for the larger XL sized cartridges. Make sure you have the room for these printers before buying.

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
B&H has the Maxify on sale for $149 again BUT it's a pigment printer and I like Dye ink. I looked around and decided on a TS8220 for only $69 from B&H. One of the reasons I chose it was because it has a rear feed that will be beneficial for printing Xmas cards. What do you think of my choice?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I do not know this printer but looking at the specs it has 6 ink tanks, including Pigment Black for text and 5 Dye-based cartrisges, and a rear feed, too. Nice.

Have no idea if there are refill inks and ARC chips or a resetter.

Hope it is durable and you are happy with the output. Let us know.