Canon MB2350 - unable to replace faulty cartridge

Alessandro

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5550
Hello everyone,

I've installed non original cartiridges on my Canon MB2350.
After some time the Cyan stopped to work correctly, but problem is when I try to replace the cartridge.

In the past when a cartridge was empy I'had to open the front panel and the printer head position itself so that I'm able to remove the empty cartridge.
In the this case though the cartirdge is not empty (it doesn't print correctly even after multiple cleans), so opening the front panel I only get the message "Please close the front panel"

What should I do to force the head in a position so that I'm able to finally replace the Cyan?

Alessandro

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5550
Thanks for helping,
unfortunately after replacing the cyan cartridge the printer don't print the cyan still.
What the problem can be than?

Alessandro

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5550
PbrMMNa.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Alessandro

Did PeterBJ's advice stop the error message and allow you to change the cartridge?

The nozzle check you posted is completely void of Cyan. Was the loss of Cyan gradually or all of a sudden?

Unless this is a completely empty cartridge or a blocked cartridge - not likely since you have replaced the Cyan cartridge with what we are to assume is a functioning one - then the issue is most likely a failure of the print head and/or logic assay board.

If the printer is still under warranty then contact Canon. If they want the printer back then insert OEM Canon cartridges that have not been modified or else Canon may reject your claim.

If you want to purchase a new print head then be aware there is the rare possibility of a failed logic assay board can kill a new print head. You will not know until you try. This is the forum's standard warning and not a common occurrence.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Was it a gradual uniform loss of color or was it random seeming streaks of lost color. The former might be from component failure and the latter from ink starvation or blockage. The end result for either could be permanent irreparable failure, the latter being from burned out nozzles from lack of the cooling effect of ink not flowing through. And there is the possibility that an electrical problem with the print head can cause the logic assay board in the printer to irreparably malfunction.

Flushing a print head may clear ink blockages. Too much pressure may cause more problems. I do not know about taping over the electrical contacts. I never did and would be concerned the tape would remove some of the contact material. The key to flushing is to let the print head completely dry before inserting back into the printer. You may also consider rinsing with distilled water to remove minerals/electrolytes left from the tap water used to flush.

Another method to dissolve ink blockage is to soak the print head with Fairy washing up or Dawn dish washing liquid soap. The soap should be just above the level of the ink inlet ports within the print head (the circular areas where the cartridge contacts inside the print head). Patience is key. You may soak for days. Rinse thoroughly and let dry completely before inserting in printer.

Print nothing but nozzle checks until a print head is working again to prevent burning out nozzles.

Last, if the print head is irreparable, it can still be used to print black text since the Pigment Black nozzles appear perfect.

Alessandro

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5550
Does removing the print head for cleaning invalidate the warranty?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Not that I've ever heard.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model