canon ip4200 blinking 5 times

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried all the hold down button suggestions online. I took out the head and put it back in.. I didn't do anything to the head except wiggled it good when putting it back in and still have 5 blinking orange lights.

I do hope to get this running again.. if it is toast I would like to purchase another canon so I can use the same refill inks I have. And would certainly like to find a great price on a new older model or newer model but great price... considering how many printers my wife and I have bought in our lives..

Please advise on the blinking situation and any ideas on replacing it...

Thanks so much
Dwolf

The error message is. operator error press printers resume button... ect ect

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
dwolf

:( I too got the dreaded 5 blinking lights on my old i865 the other day with the message print head error.
Like most people I too couldnt believe it could happen so suddenly it just finished out the print job of 24 pages and that was that, DEAD.
That message means only one thing; GET a new print head so I am now waiting on one to arrive to get the darn thing working again.
I suppose I should be grateful that it finished the printing before it decided to have heart failure.. :|

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I had this problem on an ip4000 before. It turned out that the print head wasn't properly installed. I had to remove it and tried to install it several times until it worked. Try to remove and reinstall at least 5 times. I think that's what I did. Unless the print head is really dead you can make it by just install it once carefully.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No leo8088 this print head is really dead, 6 years old and thousands of sheets later. :(
It looks like the onboard EPROM chip got tired counting and call it a day; I hope thats all it is as I like this printer an awful lot.... :) :)