Canon ip3600- No Auto duplex ?

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
My son has just had a ip3600 delivered to his workplace. (the boss had some discount arrangement with his office supplier) .....He has similar printers to me at home , he is well used to the Auto duplex on the mp610 and the 4200.

He has just said that he is very disappointed, there is no auto duplex on this machine , you have to manually turn over and re-feed. Is this right ???

Seems like a step backwards to me , anyone got any usefull obseravations to make , or how to get around it ? ....He reckons Canon are cutting corners................

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sorry , just went to the Canon uk site to check the spec.................".Two Sided Printing Available by manual operation using plain paper in A4, B5, A5, Letter & 13 x 18cm sizes (Windows only) "

so its correct................but pretty poor in my opinion , .............perhaps at the next upgrade they will introduce (again?) ?

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Why is it poor? Different model series have different features along with a different price point. iP3xxx series cost less than the iP4xxx series because they lack certain features. As they say, you get what you pay for.

Did the boss specify auto-duplex printing as a requirement from the office supplier? If so, then the wrong pritner was sent.