Canon Imageclass D1350 makes stuttering/grinding noise

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon D1350, Canon IP6600D
Hi:

I recently had paper jam errors with my Imageclass D1350. I replaced the cassette pickup roller and separation pad, and that fixed the jam problem nicely.

However, since I did that, the copier is now making a sort of pulsed grinding noise "Hem Hem HEm" when it starts up and whenever printing occurs. It still prints fine with no errors or anything.

This noise, I think, was there before, but to a lesser extent. Now it seems more exaggerated, and more pulsed. I could try to upload a sound file, but I don't have a Facebook or other account as needed by the upload media function.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You can zip the sound file. The zip archive can be attached to your post.

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
GRRRR. Okay, the first problem is back again. In spite of my having replaced the whole separation pad assembly and the pickup roller, the copier is still showing the paper jam error. To make sure I'm not delirious, the roller I replaced was the one just above the paper tray, near the front of the copier. That IS the cassette pickup roller, isn't it? Will the roller from another location even fit there if it's the wrong one?

Suggestions?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
See this and this.

Here you can read a service manual online. To download the manual you need to join the site. The copy function is disabled on the site, but if you want a copy of the manual and are willing to spend some hours you can use ALT+Print Screen and insert the saved screen shot in an image program and crop it. You will have a collection of 176 jpg images when you have finished this task. I did this to get a Canon parts catalog but that was only 6 pages.

Hogwild

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi PeterBJ:

Thanks, I already have the manual in PDF format. (Let me know if you want it, it's probably easier to read than JPEGs).

Of course, the copier will not throw the paper jam error right now, so I have to wait until it does again. In the mean time, can anyone tell me if what I replaced is the correct roller? The separation pad cannot be wrong, as it's the only one in the cassette tray.