canon i960 printhead removal instructions

feeblerelf

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I would really appreciate any help. I need to remove the printhead to my canon i960 to reset it. I would prefer to not do it blind because I am not a natural mechanic. Anyone who could offer instructions would be my savior for the day.

Thank you for your time,

:)

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To feeblerelf,

I am not really the right person to answer this thread as I don't have a i960--which is an excellent printer. But the basics are the same on Canon printers.--but I don't like to see a post go unanaswered.

(0) With printer powered on lift the cover---printhead assembly should move to center position.--just like you are changing a cartridge.

(1) remove all cartridges---cap the ink outlet holes with the original wingnuts if possible--use tape if no wingnuts are available--store cartridges upright.

(2) There is a locking lever holding the printhead in place camming it down and towards the rear of the printer. Its a plastic lever you turn upright---you may be able to download a users manual--its the reverse step of placing the printhead into the printer when you first set up the printer.--the manual should have pictures.

(3) Gripping just the top of the printhead surface gentle wiggle the printhead towards the front of the printer--don't force anything--when it moves a little forward it should then be very easy to lift up and clear of the printer.---you can then also put the locking lever down over the non in place printhead--close the cover---and then power off the printer if you want. Just don't leave the locking lever up as it may catch on something when the carrier moves off center.

Hope that helps---but someone more familar with the i960 could do it better.

Latest posts