Canon i960 printer cleaning cartridges

tomus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am a newbie here, and relatively new with computers. I have a Canon i960 printer (about 2-1/2 years old), and I am sure it needs to be cleaned. I have no manual and no clue how to do it. Is there a one-cartridge-cleans-all, or do I have to by separate catridges for each color?

Thanx!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The answer to your question is that the manual would tell you to run the head cleaning routine in the printer software under the maintenance tab. You may want to run up to three of the light cleanings, but do a nozzle check after each one and stop when you have a perfect nozzle check. If that doesn't clear it you can run one deep cleaning and check nozzles again.

If that doesn't work, click "inkjet FAQ's" at the top of the forum page and read all the posts. There are lots of head cleaning tips there to consider before bothering with cleaning cartridges. If you need to do a cleaning with cartridges it would probably be best to do all six. If you have six spare empty carts you can make your own cleaning carts with a dilute solution of original amonia containing windex. Try the other stuff first. Before doing anything be sure to read ALL the posts in the FAQ's.