Canon i560s Printing Lines in Pictures

karenphilkyra

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
When I print in color using "Standard" or "Draft" quality I get even, horizontal stripes (about 1/8" wide) through the print area. It looks as though it will print one line normally and then the next is an off color. If I print in "High" quality then it prints perfectly! Black works fine in any quality. It used to work fine, I don't know what changed.

I've run several cleanings and tried realigning, etc. When I contacted Canon via e-mail they suggested I take it to get serviced or buy another printer.

Don't think it would be worth it to get it serviced and would really rather try to keep this printer if possible. Anyone have any suggestions? Or experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
You have a clogged printhead. In draft mode there is little or no overlapped spray of ink so you can see the lines if some of the nozzles are clogged. But in standard or high quality mode there is a lot of overlapped spray of ink. Maybe one spray is from some nozzles partially clogged but the next spray is from nozzles that are not clogged. As a result the print will look perfect. In fact dividing nozzles into mutiple groups to overlap multiple sparys of ink from each group is a design in inkjet printers to minimize the impact from a small number of clogged nozzles. It's kind of nozzle redundency design. It eliminates banding if only a small number of nozzles become defective or clogged. But you will see the effect of such clogging in draft mode.