Canon G3000 Problem

Ghat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3000
I purchased my canon printer model G3000 just two weeks ago for home use. In the beginning printer operated normally, but now the printer stop working, the power led is always flashing and never stop (slow flashing). When I tried to print no message appears in the PC unless spooling process stop at 9%. The problem remains even if I cancelled printing. None of button in the printer can be operated. I have been using it for less than 50 sheets of printing. This printers drains the inks very fast. No information about this failure on the its trouble shooting
It is disappointing for the brand new unit.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If the printer is under warranty then call Canon technical support. Do this now to begin a record trail in case the printer is a lemon and Canon will need to honor their warranty by replacing it.

Additional information that might be helpful such as your operating system, the printer connected to a computer wirelessly or by USB cable (if wireless then connect a USB cable to the printer and try again), if there is a queue of paused print jobs in the print queue (that might hinder further printing), if rebooting computer and printer helps, what color the LED light is flashing and whether there is a rhythm to the flashing, what software are you using to print, what are you trying to print, etc.

Just curious, have you had to refill the tanks on the printer yet and if so did you use third party inks instead of Canon OEM ink?

Maybe there is a newer driver on Canon's web site for the printer that would fix this issue. Also, is your operating system updated (or was there an update that "broke" the function of the printer)?

If still having issues, try completely uninstalling the printer, including pulling the printer's power plug and the USB connection to your computer, so to roll back your system as if the printer had never been installed. Power down your computer, boot up, then install the printer following all instructions to the letter.

Ghat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3000
Thanks for your comment and suggestion. This printer uses canon original inks and it is connected to home network. I have attempted to release it from network and tried to re-installed, unfortunately I have no luck... I've emailed canon service and waiting for response...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Ghat, Your printer comes with a built-in CISS so it shouldn’t be losing ink unless it has developed a leak in the system somewhere.

Try turning on your printer again but this time count the LED flashes and see many there are before it can repeat itself after a short pause, that is the best indication as to what the problem could be and take it from there.

So, when Canon get back to you, you’ll be able to tell them precisely how many times the LED light is flashing and let them deal with it from their end, I reckon you may need to take the printer back under warrantee...