Canon Driver Update

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Friends:

I recently experienced some rather strange behavior from my i960, i.e. printing partial pages and then cycling through multiple sheets printing small amounts on each. It certainly felt like a software problem and I was sure it must be the graphics program until I found similar problems using other programs. I decided to reinstall the printer driver and found a much newer one (v. 1.73) on the CanonUSA.com website. I downloaded it & used the option to overwrite the old driver & voila! ...problem solved. I can't be certain if the old driver had become corrupted or was incompatible with a windows update, etc, but I thought I'd pass this along in the event that anyone else experiences a similar problem.

Best Regards,
Mark

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Mark, thanks. I just had a similar problem with my cd burning. I thought I had to buy a new program / burner, but it turned out to be a conflict with Window's service pack II.

Do you notice any differences in the new / old driver e.g. tools, features, etc.?

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey Nifty:

All the features, etc. seem identical to the previous one. If there is one feature that I'd like to see added, it would be banner printing...or maybe someone out there knows a trick??????

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Mark, yes, it sure would be great to take a super long roll of paper and continuously print on it. I was looking into it for printing on the back of some custom made register receipts for my friend's cash register tape. Unfortunately, from what I've been told there isn't a way around this, but if someone knows PLEASE post it! :)

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have been checking on banner printing for the various Canon printers and have discovered the i950, S800, S600, S900 and S9000 have banner option available. There might be older Canon printer that have the banner printing option but, the newer ones don't. Canon's maximum print length for any of their inkjets is 23.39" .

jbruceb

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
On the i960, how can you determine what driver version you have installed? I haven't been able to find it.

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
j:

Good question! I was actually referring to the computer software rather than the firmware & I was aware of the release only because I still have the original disc that came with the printer. Perhaps someone out there knows how to easily find the release number. If I find it, I'll be sure to post.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you would go to Windows Explorer and go to this location windows/system32/spool/drivers/w32x86/canonxxxxxx, right click on any of the *.exe or *.dll files and go to properties and then file version. The software version will be displayed.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Excellent!

I got version "0.3.0.0"