Cannot print CD's/DVD's

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
Recently bought a PixmaTS8220 and cannot print CD's or DVD's from it. I choose CD from the driver and it ends up showing my image in the upper left corner of a letter size preview. I tried printing a CD from the Easy Photo print software and and the printer tried to suck the CD tray into the printer but then errored with a paper jam warning. The option to print CD's is within the driver but I can't get it to work. Canon support was useless.

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
After uninstalling Easy Photo Print and reinstalling it I finally got a CD printed. Who knows what the initial problem was but for now it's fixed. I do, however, wish I could print CD's with my Acoustica CD Label Maker program but unfortunately, it is not compatible with this printer.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You could try the good old Canon CD Label Print. It is no longer found for download at the Canon websites but can be found here. It is not as advanced as the Acoustica program, but far better than the Easy Photo Print IMO. Here is a thread with more info about CD Label Print.

Even if it is not official, the relatively new printer iP7250 is supported by CD Label Print. Even if the program is old it works with Win 10 both 32 & 64 bit. Maybe it will also work with the Canon Pixma TS8220 ? I think it is worth trying. Here is a screenshot showing iP7250 is accepted by the program:

cdlp iP7200.jpg

Last edited:

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
Is this you that posted on the Acoustica forum?

https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?t=25114

It has been 7 months since the last posting. Maybe a post to Acoustica Support like Acoustica Greg suggests would speed things up a tad more.

Stratman,
No it wasn't me but I'll take advice and contact Acoustica. The more of us that do the better the chance that they'll update their program.

Latest posts