Can one print using just one canon i9100 ink tank at a time?

osculate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Greetings... I assume if I'm in software such as like "Paint" I can print just using one canon i9100 ink tank at one time for yellow and black but what about the other tanks? Is there a way to just print from all six tanks but only one tank at a time?
It isn't that obvious to me. Naturally I'd sure appreciate some guidance. Sincerely, R. Smith

wizal

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I joined the forum today, after spending some time reading. I'm impressed by the thoroughness of dealing with the subjects and the friendly athmosphere.
My question: My Canon PIXMA iP1000 and iP4000 printers will be disused for some 2 weeks. Are any preparations necessary and/or recommended?
Thank you.

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Wizal:

In order to minimize the chances of a clogged print head in your absence, one way is to use the Autoprint Progran (Freeware) offered by MIS; set to print a full color pattern or other appropriate image at an interval of your choice. Good Luck.

Mark

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Depending on the profile the printer is using at the time you print a band of single color, if the selection to be printed exactly matches the color profile of one cart I would guess that only one cart SHOULD print. in reality, that cart would be the predominant one used, but there would probably be some minimal contribution from others as well to get what the printer thinks is the correct color match from the file being printed. Your printer should probably also be on manual instead of automatic for color adjustment. Maybe Granddad can shed some light on how you can get just one cart at a time to fire without any contribution from the others.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Fotofreek,

I don't know of any way to print using only one ink color. AFAIK, the nozzle check and head alignment operations use only one color, but these operations are driven internally by the printer. The "Service test print" (post #6 in http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=165&p=1 ) also prints single colors.

The problem is that these printers are "RBG" devices, and they convert RGB data to CMYK internally. As is noted in (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=216), it is possible to print a CMYK encoded .jpg image using Windows Photo Printing Wizard - this may do some of what you want, but you would have to test it. There still remains the problem of separating magenta and photo magenta, cyan and photo cyan. The printer seems to use the "photo" inks for light colors, the regular inks for dark colors and to gradually transition between the two for intermediate colors. To get control over the individual inks would probably require getting into the printer's code.

My question would be "Why do you need to print using a single ink?" If you want to check whether all colors are printing, just run the Servide test print.