1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Florida MG7720 Print problem...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Can ICC profile that has been created by Xrite i1 publish pro 2 be edited?

Discussion in 'Everything Else InkJet Printer Related' started by lin, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Apr 10, 2017
    lin

lin Printer Guru

Hi May I know if ICC profile that has been created by Xrite i1 publish pro 2 can it be edited?

I've gotten someone to create an icc profile for me. I asked whether he/she is able to help fine tune the icc profile he/she had created for me to be just a little brighter (less dark). But he/she said cannot. Later, as I asked further, he/she said he/she has never edited icc profile after it has been created as such doesn't know how to do so. I am not too sure is it due to the limitation of the Xrite i1 publish pro 2 device/software such that the icc profile created cannot be edited further or I have found someone who is inexperience to create an icc profile for me.

As far as I understand he/she uses the Xrite i1 publish pro 2 and using the i1profiler 1600 color chart/patch.
    The icc profile he or she had created for me is just fine (I don't have high expectation) just that I wishes that it would be less dark or rather just a little bit brighter.

2. Apr 10, 2017
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    R265, L300, L800, Pro 7600
    there is an option within i1Profiler to refine the profile with a specific patch set of your choice, but this is not an option to tune the overall output of such profile. Changing the lightness should be done in a previous step before printing, or the overall workflow should be evaluated why this is considered necessary. It could be, as a typical cause for such request that the brightness and gamma settings are adjusted too high on the monitor , corrections are made to the image, and the print output is too dark. The monitor brightness is typically fixed but prints are viewed in lots of cases in an arbitrary lighting condition, room light whatever. You may go a step further in such case and use a special viewing box with fixed and controlled light inside - brightness, color temperature and spectral continuity - CRI - color rendition index. But beyond that - what would you expect or not from the profile - 'I don't have high expectation' .
    Editing a profile is typically not done, a profile provides standardized color rendition and output within the constraints of the gamut and depending on the rendering intent, other image manipulations should be done before print in whatever photo editing software.

The Hat and Roy Sletcher like this.
  3. Apr 14, 2017
    lin

lin Printer Guru

Thanks for your input. I guess then I probably would have to get another icc profile created if needed.

The Hat likes this.