Brother printhead photo, look at it please

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
1 or 2 ago when was going to buy new shop brother printer I managed to refill one compatible lexmark cartridge, since then, 12 times refilled this one, about 6 thousand paged done.

Recently, I saw many ads in local newspaper, that people sell different models of brother printers, saying always: ALL GOOD, THE PROBLEM IS ONLY IN BLaCK-DOES NOT WORK.

I thought, many ads were just deeds to make web-traffic to the local newspaper, and really, many ads were not answered for me.

At the end, I bought one such printer, and managed to renew 3 coulours perfectly well, but for black nothing, nothing happened even with this liquid put inside the black, I opened the printer head, used low current fan to heat the exit of ink near printer head, and the ink had moved in all 4 colours there like a water. but nothing at the end. only 3 colours work. Of course, I can buy new printhead, 35 euro. But I am not going to risk, cos there are scammers, that can even not send me this and taxes for customs, so no way. Here is the photo printerhead.jpg

when I first opened the printhead, the black ink line had this little stretch of black, that I can`t get rid of. Can I put water on this golden platform of 4 lines?

Also, regarding these ads like the same one in a row, we have result that brother printer has problem always with balck part of printhead?

thanks brothers.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have not seen this particular printhead assy from Brother yet, but you may check the connection between the ink tubes and the printhead, I have seen other printheads which have a small and very fine filter in the ink path at this place inside the plastics and before the inks are channelled to the actual nozzle rows, and when this filter is clogged, from unsuitable ink, then the black channel will not print anymore. Brother is using a pigment ink for text black, and 3 dye colors CMY. black is typically used more than the other inks, and cheap 3rd party cartridges may clog the black channel over time. I'm reaching about 55 000 - 60 000 pages until the waste ink container reports full.

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
ok man, but i need to know, can I touch this golden platform with liquid or not? (I am lexmark user).

also, what about range of sponges inside the printer, about 30% of them are not white but black, do they matter at all?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
oh, that nozzle plate is metal, there is not much risk when using a printhead cleaner, problems may arise when liquid gets into contact with the electrical connections - the flat cable. Sponges in the cleaning unit, below the printhead in the idle position are always black, that's a mix of all inks collecting there and passing through during the cleaning cycles when the pump is sucking the ink through the nozzles.

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
so that cable is inside this printhead plastic construction? , i.e. more or less above that golden plate, inside? Am I right?

I had opened the whole thing 2 times, but without gloves, cos it was not suitable to use them for me, so I ask suggestions before my last final opening.

so why people on many videos just change similar printhead and do not do like that?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have seen some different types of pritnhead assemblies but not the one you are showing here, so it is somewhat difficult to give detailed handling advice. There is one thing you could do easily - to place the printhead, the nozzle plate onto a small dish with a few mm of water and some detergent, and let it rest there for some time, over night

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
Yesterday, 5 minutes before writing this here, I thought to try this method. (Though with my lexmark n32 cartridge, I use vacuum cleaner of 600w power to unclog and continue refill with no problem 12 times.)

In this case, this golden metal plate shall me touched with water, right?

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
today, I have tried, I went to the final end, opening the whole headprint itself, till the point it could be opened, used the liquid I used for lexmark, very hot, but nothing, I eliminated only 10% of old ink , to other other, I could not get, it was like stones. So everything is possible, only that the printer I bought, was not used more than 2 years at least, so when you buy not working printer, but not more, than 4 months without use, in that way, only a liquid can renew printhead, even without dissembling everything.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
It appears that the black ink channel, or passageway, on your print head will not pass ink (or other liquid). Is that true?

Pigment inks can be VERY stubborn to clean, particularly if they have hardened for whatever cause. In one instance, I had to use a fine wire to dislodge a stubborn pigment clog in a fine passageway (in a purge unit).

In my case, I had been using an aftermarket (third party) ink that was susceptible to this condition, even though the printer was used frequently.

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
yeah bro, but in this model of brother, I can`t use wire,, cos the space is wide inside whole for black one is about 002 MM. Probably I will finish with making a whole at the top of my lexmark cartidge, so that, i shall not need to remove it, so the wire contact shall not be destroyed and I can ill ink by this hole. Problem is to wait from china 35 days for this cartridge 8 euro. cos here, it costs 22 euro- n32. so I think and do not know what to do, with lexmark I made photos, now I need only rarely black and blue colors only.