Brother head change

wdt

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various brother
In the manual, after you change head, there are a number of adjustments. Most of these require printing a specified file,
either to the maintanence driver or from a media card. Specifically,, head_calib.prn,, pfadj.prn,, exitadj.prn,, LF300adj.prn,,
mediaadj_[disk_]media11.prn(either will do),, incline_media11.prn,, qual_media11.prn,, disc.prn,, chart.prn
Of course a prn is just a raw printer file, I have searched 3 or 4 times, quite hard, and not found anywhere
Can anyone help? (this is for brother mfc, I suspect most are all same)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Well I emailed brother using US website and got the files from them by email. I said I have service manual and need the app and prn files. They replied me with the files.

I had to write several email to get this. The files are specific to exact printer.

Regarding the adjustment it sounds very hi tech, but I was not able to adjust printer that after clogging got double text printed if bidirectional is enabled even with all fancy adjustment tools.

I had replaced few brother printheads from china without doing any adjustment. They work fine, except some nozzles are missing. You get what you pay for. OEM print head is 3x more then chinese repackaged, reconditioned sold as new fake printhead.