Brother DCP-J4110DW

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I have a Brother DCP-J-4110DW that on startup gives an error "Unable to clean 35". According to the manual it may be a foreign object in the printer or a mechanical problem.

The printer makes squeeking noises when the printhead moves to the right to the purgepads. I want to disassemble the printer to see if something has gotten stuck underneath. Looking for a disassembly guide but cannot find one. If anyone can help me to it I would highly appreciate!

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Thank you. I managed to find a parts reference list that also shows the printer assembly. However I cannot remove the scanner part. The hinges are a problem to get out.

When the printhead is in the far right position it sounds like a gear that is moving past its endpoint. Maybe a timing problem. But I won't be able to find out until I can disassemble the damn thing :-(

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
No idea if this is relevant as it's a nugget I developed from the Epson C84 but the printhead carriage on that would get "lost" due to the sensor on the back of the printhead disconnecting from the board it was mounted on. Check for loose ribbon cables or for a plastic strip that has become loose/detached at the back of the printer.

As I said, it's unlikely but worth a shot.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Thank you. I managed to find a parts reference list that also shows the printer assembly. However I cannot remove the scanner part. The hinges are a problem to get out.

When the printhead is in the far right position it sounds like a gear that is moving past its endpoint. Maybe a timing problem. But I won't be able to find out until I can disassemble the damn thing :-(
see this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_q39t-ggUs

BOYNTONSTU

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Check this out:

At 1:55 notice the empty spaces in the Magenta tubing. How can this be serviced?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Disconnect the tube and prime (suck ink) with syringe to remove all air in the ink tubes.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I found out the printer is still under warranty.

I sent it in to Brother today.

Let's see what they come up with.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I found out the printer is still under warranty.

I sent it in to Brother today.

Let's see what they come up with.
Good on you, it will be interesting to hear what they have to say, please keep us updated on matters.. :)

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Got the printer back today. They fixed it under warranty. on the receipt it says that the carrier was repaired. No idea what that means. I cannot find a carrier in parts section the service manual. But it must be something that prevented the head from positioning correctly.