Bring out your dead... [printers]

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Apologies for my lack of presence this past few months but the wee lass, her brother and of course, work, has made forum time near on impossible...

.. mainly because I'm acquiring a fair amount of keyboard face of late.. Tired? much? not hardly!

Anyway, the purpose for this post is to ask if any of you fine folk have old Canon (and possibly Epson or Brother) printer carcasses that you could bear to part with. Obviously it's preferable that the printers be located in the UK to avoid stupid levels of shipping cost and have some means of protecting them for the journey.

In terms of the why. I'm currently working on a long cherished set of ideas revolving around the waste ink side of things and these require test subjects to be ripped apart, documented and then tested to see if the ideas work or whether it's a return to the drawing board for yours truly.

We've already started on the iP3600, iP4200 and there's a few other candidates quivering in the wings so I'm not without some starting points but if anyone has units like the MP and MX types then they'd be very welcome indeed.

In terms of payment, I'm happy to discuss some nominal contributions be it direct or to a charity of your choosing and certainly shipping would be covered too.

Questions, suggestions, offers, all gladly received... Cheers folks!

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Are you talking about dead printers with missing PHs? I have a dead ip4500 and mp610 which will be going to the local tip. Apologies if this isn't what you want.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Are you talking about dead printers with missing PHs? I have a dead ip4500 and mp610 which will be going to the local tip. Apologies if this isn't what you want.
Yes, sorry should have been clearer. Dead printers with or without printheads is exactly what I'm after. I'll certainly take any that still have a printhead which is usable if someone just wants rid as we may be able to repatriate rather than add them to landfill.

About the only thing that won't be any good is a printer that's now earlier than the iP4200 generation or "re-arranged" following the application of a sledgehammer ;)

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
I'm about ready to "give away" this ix6550 after bathing it, syringing it, hosing it, even wiping it gently with paper towels (the print head of course) for the last time to try and get the yellow channel flowing again.

If it comes to it I will be happy to offer it up "to a good home" for doing whatever one wishes for if it does any good for the this here Printing Scientists among you?

P.S. I JUST reveived my order from OctoInk, haven't opened it (enough on my plate (pun!) as it is, also a full time parent, and been completely consumed (pun!) with this 6550 that the new Pro-100S replaces and I guess won't accompany now, thank you so much nonetheless. Really, thank you thank you thank you!