Blocked print head, only on one colour, manual clean stuck?

Craig T

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sx445
Hi,
Hope everyone is well.
I'm wondering if anyone can help me.
I have tried manually cleaning my print ports, with a syringe and tube, I have managed to pass thru fluid on all colours except magenta,

However magenta will not pass thru, I can not physically apply to much force to the syringe as the fluid will not flow through,

I have tried distilled water, my own mix of windex and IPA, and now just trying magic bullet,

I'd appreciate any help and feebbacf.?

Kind regards.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
did that total blockage happen suddenly ? or over time with a growing number of missing nozzles ? Or after a longer
idle time ? Are you using Epson ink cartridges or other ?

Craig T

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson sx445
Hi, ink stained fingers. Thanks again really appreciate you getting back to me.

It's hard to say whether the blockage happened suddenly. The printer was not used for a long time, then when used again there was garbled prints. After changing compatible cartridges and doing a head clean the colors were never the same.

Tbh I'm certain I was able to flush windex through a day or two ago, maybe I'm wrong but the tubing was slightly to large on the syringe that was conected to the port so maybe no fluid flushed properly.

I have used Epson compatabiles.

Hopefully you or anyone can assist.

Thanks for taking your time to reply it's appreciated.

Kind regards.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think you did everything you could do in this case - incl flushing the ink channel with a syringe and a piece of tube. Windex or some mix with some small amount of ammonia is the preferred cleaner by some people more experienced than me so I'm afraid to think there is no other way or trick anymore to get the dried ink residue out of the ink channels. If your tubing would not have fitted well on the receptable you would have flooded the bottom of the printhead carriage instead.