Best print_laser / LED subjectively

bluenite

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Designjet 30
I'm thinking of a new laser or LED printer for the home office. It should have A4/duplex/LAN/wifi, no multifunction. Or when multifunction, I don't need a fax. The best possible printing at an affordable price, crisp vectors, up to 400-500usd. Can anyone advise what to look for? Is there a visual difference between laser/LED technology?
What about alternative toners?
I was interested in the Canon i-Sensys LBP663cdw. Does anyone have experience with it?
Or this: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk/en/products/printers/ECOSYSP5026CDW.html
Thanks for the tips.
Peter

bluenite

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Designjet 30
Give the Canon Maxify models a look over before you go laser, they are real good reliable printers..
Only occasional printing, not dozens of pages. Inkjet = drying of nozzles, resp. cleaning them by ejecting ink. Or isn't it about Maxify?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I wouldn'd risk to leave a Maxify unused for weeks, specially with third party inks.
On the other part, I have the suspicion that my MB-5150 does color much better than most laser printers of similar price. You need to spend quite a lot to get really good color prints with a laser.