Best paper for my Epson P400 to go under plastic for presentations

Roveer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Looking to buy
We are going to send a salesmen into the field to drum up business for our high end construction company. We have a lot of high res pictures that we initially want to print on 8.5x11 photo paper on our Epson P400 printer. Previously I had used the Epson Ultra Premium Glossy paper and had good results.

Just wondering if dropping down to Premium Glossy would be such a bad thing (at 1/2 the cost), OR possibly matte? Not even sure if that's a good possibility as I've never used matte before.

Would Canvas (or other) paper be a possible choice? Don't know much about it, but I'm looking for something that would give an ultra premium look.

I'm going to make a set of our photo's and put them (most likely) under plastic into a leather presentation binder for our salesman.

What do you think the best paper would be for that use?

Many thanks.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would expect that the Premium Glossy gives you pretty similar prints as the Ultra Glossy - give it a try. Depending on your location you may as well get good 3rd party papers with similar results. Please let your prints dry out for a while until you place them in plastic sleeves or alike. What would you expect from canvas - I would use that for large format prints , I don't think that this is the best surface for more technically oriented images. Going for black/white prints may enhance some of your motives but don't use that too much. Some images my get a good punch by a special metallized paper -
https://www.sihl.com/en/products/metallic-pearl-high-gloss-photo-paper-290-high-gloss/
Other companies are offering similar papers.
That's special - and not suitable for every image - you would need to try which image would look best on such paper e.g. on a cover sheet .
And think about a larger format - one image may stretch from the left side to the right side of your binder - as a panoramic picture