1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: A Real Cool Upgrade to Improve your 3D Printing...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Best paper for my Epson P400 to go under plastic for presentations

Discussion in 'Paper & Other Media' started by Roveer, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Oct 9, 2018
    Roveer

Roveer Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Looking to buy
    We are going to send a salesmen into the field to drum up business for our high end construction company. We have a lot of high res pictures that we initially want to print on 8.5x11 photo paper on our Epson P400 printer. Previously I had used the Epson Ultra Premium Glossy paper and had good results.

Just wondering if dropping down to Premium Glossy would be such a bad thing (at 1/2 the cost), OR possibly matte? Not even sure if that's a good possibility as I've never used matte before.

Would Canvas (or other) paper be a possible choice? Don't know much about it, but I'm looking for something that would give an ultra premium look.

I'm going to make a set of our photo's and put them (most likely) under plastic into a leather presentation binder for our salesman.

What do you think the best paper would be for that use?

Many thanks.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Oct 9, 2018
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    L310, L382, L800, Pro 7600
    I would expect that the Premium Glossy gives you pretty similar prints as the Ultra Glossy - give it a try. Depending on your location you may as well get good 3rd party papers with similar results. Please let your prints dry out for a while until you place them in plastic sleeves or alike. What would you expect from canvas - I would use that for large format prints , I don't think that this is the best surface for more technically oriented images. Going for black/white prints may enhance some of your motives but don't use that too much. Some images my get a good punch by a special metallized paper -
    https://www.sihl.com/en/products/metallic-pearl-high-gloss-photo-paper-290-high-gloss/
    Other companies are offering similar papers.
    That's special - and not suitable for every image - you would need to try which image would look best on such paper e.g. on a cover sheet .
    And think about a larger format - one image may stretch from the left side to the right side of your binder - as a panoramic picture

stratman and The Hat like this.