BCH inks any good?

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Has anyone had any experience with BCH inks particularly with canon printers? I purchased and installed a conversion for stock cartridges making them spongeless with a built in refill plug. Worked well. Was wondering about their ink.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I purchased and installed a conversion for stock cartridges making them spongeless
For what cartridges?

Doubtful you will get much enthusiasm for using anything other than OEM Canon cartridges with your Pro 100. There are no better cartridges than the OEM for performance and durability.

As far as ink and refill supplies, did you check out my recommendation for those in North America - Precision Colors? It is doubtful any other supplier has spent the time refining the inkset to get the best possible results without a custom ICC profile the way Mikling did with your printer.

That said, maybe BCH has great inks. I do not know, but look forward to reviews on it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Has anyone had any experience with BCH inks particularly with canon printers?
With your history and poor record of keeping your print heads intact, I would air caution with that BCH ink, to me it’s just rubbish and will in time end the life of yet another one of your print heads.

Go to: - https://www.precisioncolors.com/PC42.html and get proper inks and ONLY refill your OEM CLI-42 carts, nothing else can come near them for quality, checkout the website for refilling tips also, especially the Yellow cart..

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Yes I've been all over precision inks site. Lots of info there. I did read about the yellow jello.

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
The conversion kit was for a mx490. Pg245 and cl246, not the pro100.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The conversion kit was for a mx490. Pg245 and cl246
I watched the videos. Interesting. Allows a lot more ink per refill.

You say it's worked for you. How many refills have you done after performing the mod?

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Only one refill. I did thr alignment maintenance and print nozzle prints weekly. This printer is just a utility printer. I wanted something I could print from my tablet and cell phone.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
alignment maintenance
Does the alignment drift in MX490 or is that a recommended procedure when you put in a "new" cartridge? How often do you need to do an alignment?

Picard

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Does the alignment drift in MX490 or is that a recommended procedure when you put in a "new" cartridge? How often do you need to do an alignment?
Haven't seen drift but it's only been couple weeks. Not sure it's recommended I just did it. I didn't do it when I first set up the printer. Not sure on how often either. Has an alignment procedure I was not familiar with. Print a test page, place in scanner, it then alligns itself.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
OK. Thanks.