Bad certificate for website?

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro-100, E2000p, LexMark
Firefox complained "link.threadloom.printerknowledge.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.sendgrid.net, sendgrid.net Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN "
Anyone know what's going on?
Had to allow a "Bad_Cert_Domain", which I don't like to do since a cross-scripting hack may be in place.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Firefox complained "link.threadloom.printerknowledge.com uses an invalid security certificate.
I am running Explorer and if threadloom.printerknowledge.com had a bad Cert, it wouldn’t get onto my computer that’s for sure... ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Printerknowledge.com, specifically this thread's web page, cPanel, Inc certificate checks out good till December 19, 2017 for me on Firefox 56.0.1.

"link.threadloom.printerknowledge.com" is a non-secure page with no web site identity (certificate) and nothing displayed on my monitor. What is this link?

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Printerknowledge.com, specifically this thread's web page, cPanel, Inc certificate checks out good till December 19, 2017 for me on Firefox 56.0.1.

"link.threadloom.printerknowledge.com" is a non-secure page with no web site identity (certificate) and nothing displayed on my monitor. What is this link?
Thanks for the reply.
I think the URL came from a link on the DPReview site. Someone linked to a thread on this site.
You're correct. I have no problems with connecting directly with this site. I guess the error was mine in trying to cross-link to something posted here. Just annoyed that I couldn't see, without using a site with a bad cert., what the other poster was alluding to.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
What is this link?

Threadloom.jpg

Threadloom2.jpg

Last edited:

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for the reply.
Looks like the URL in question just wanted to store a cookie, and the site pushing the cookie was using a non-specific Cert. Should have let the cookie be instantiated, I guess. I also request all sites use HTTPS; so perhaps I'll have to lower that requirement; if I know the site. Didn't know who "threadloom" was so was overly cautious.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ahh. Threadloom.com appears to be a forum search app/engine, I imagine something the forum owner wanted included in the forum's software.
I use NoScript add on for Firefox and threadloom.com is currently blocked. Not sure what I have been missing. :idunno

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Along the subject matter of security...

Why is it PrinterKnowledge is partially not secure? Note the yellow triangle overlapping par of the grey-out lock in the address window upper left of the image below. Before the images were posted on this thread, the page was secure and had only a green lock in the address window. IIRC, I think I've remarked on this previously when I noticed it long ago.

Not Secure.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Somebody upstairs should be looking at this thread, and they are not, :hu I am surprised @Nifty didn’t come back with an answer for you guys...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Somebody upstairs should be looking at this thread, and they are not, :hu I am surprised @Nifty didn’t come back with an answer for you guys...
I am sure he will, although it may take a little time to figure this out.