Automatic cleaning l805

ravaelman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson l800, l1800
Hi, question about epson l805, Will we turn off "power sleep" and printer will turn on for 2 days will normalization start printing or will it start cleaning process first?

I have a problem with the epson l1800 that after a period of inactivity, when it prints, the printer starts cleaning for a few minutes before it starts printing.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
that's a kind of normal that an inkjet printer does some startup/cleaning activity, are you facing excessive ink usage ? You can try the different settings for automatic power off or disabling that .

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
They are shifting the razor blade business model to the printer itself: dump extra ink everytime, so the waste ink sponges will be saturated very soon, usually a bit after two years and outside the period of the legal warranty. Cost of replacing the waste ink sponges is often higher than buying a new printer. So always install waste ink bottle to redirect the dumped ink outside the printer. Resetting with the paid reset program is much cheaper.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have my L800 always on - standby, no automatic power off, and it does very few cleaning cycles. It is not doing any in relation to cartridge changes/resets since it is not using any. It does much less cleaning than a R265 which runs on a CISS but still has the chip reset cycles triggering the pump to run. the R265 produces muuch more waste ink than the L800, it runs on cheap ink so it is not a big problem.

ravaelman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson l800, l1800
Thanks for the replies!

I know it must be cleaned up. I have l800 and this printer turns off after idle time, can not change it. When I turn back, then it starts a few seconds cleaning - it's ok.

I also have l1800 and here you can turn off "sleep power" but the printer after 2 days of inactivity in the "power on" state after the print job starts cleaning for five minutes before printing. This is automatic, can not be turned off.

The l800 is not there. Question about l805 are such problems?

My clients can not wait 5 minutes because the printer will find that it will be clean for 5 minutes, l800 works fine, the question of l805 - or does automatic cleaning for 5min as in my tested l1800.

Last edited:

ravaelman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson l800, l1800
I have my L800 always on - standby, no automatic power off, and it does very few cleaning cycles. It is not doing any in relation to cartridge changes/resets since it is not using any. It does much less cleaning than a R265 which runs on a CISS but still has the chip reset cycles triggering the pump to run. the R265 produces muuch more waste ink than the L800, it runs on cheap ink so it is not a big problem.

Tell me please how did you set that y L800 always on - standby, no automatic power off?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm running some printers via an USB print server by Silex so that I can connect to the printers from several computers, the driver has a autoconnect feature so that is quite convenient. The printers are connected to this print server , they always see a powered USB port regardless whether any computer is powered on, and that apparently prevents the L800 to disconnect completely and to power off.
Reading other comments about printers Canon printers are blamed more to start some lengthy internal activity before printing at all

ravaelman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson l800, l1800
And what, l800 does not then automatically clean at specified time? The printer waits for a print job and prints right away? Even after two days of inactivity?

The question is whether l805 also works this way..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
l800 does not then automatically clean at specified time?
I don't know - it's in another room, and I don't have longer times - weeks - of inactivity.
You may try to connect via an USB Hub with its own separate power supply, this would signal the printer that the port is under power. The L800 does a cleaning during/after some heavy print job, probably wiping off the nozzle plate and pumping that away.