Automatic / auto nozzle check print schedule utility

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Tossing all keywords I used to search into the title. I thought there was a third party utility for Epsons that let you schedule a weekly or daily print job (or nozzle check) to prevent clogging but I can't remember the name of it.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I think he wants a utility that will send a print job or run a nozzle check in a schedule you pick. So that if you are away for a month, the Utility will make sure that every
Friday" a print job or nozzle check to the printer to prevent nozzle clogs.

There was something like a script that did that but I can't recall where I saw that.

Joe

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I think I was thinking about MIS Autoprint, which is no longer on their website. Their Knowledge Base is no longer working and the website looks revamped, but mostly just the colors.

I also notice that the new page names for CIS on MIS' website have the word cobra in them. Wonder if they have merged with Cobra Ink.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
There is really no benefit from an automatic weekly or even daily print job. Epson has programmed its firmware to know when to execute a cleaning cycle depending on how long the printer has not printed. It is an essential functionality for a printer to be able to go idle for a long time and be able to print perfectly when it is tuned back on for a print job. In my one whole year of use of an Epson R2880 I never had a single incidence of print head clogging. I did not even need to run cleaning cycles except maybe 3 times (in one whole year) after swapping of photo back and matte back ink cartridges.

I would turn on the printer at least once a month and print something if it tends to be on the side line for long period of time.

crenedecotret

Print Addict
Reaction score
I hear the newer epsons are quite reliable.. My old R220 was hell.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
crenedecotret said:
I hear the newer epsons are quite reliable.. My old R220 was hell.
I see. I still have my R300 and a R280 (or 380 I don't remember) that were problematic always. The R300's waste ink tank became full within 2 years after owning it new but with a print count no more than 500 (my estimate).