Artefil's bio

Artefil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MX495, MG7550, MG5650, MB2050
Hi Everybody,

First of all, accept all my apologizes if I make some misspelling or mistakes when explaining, english isn't my mother tongue.

Artefil is living in Langeais (French Loire Valley) since 11 years, where he's holding a small refurb electronics company but had also worked in Germany for one of the former world major T&M company : Will'Tek. He's repairing laptop and PCB's as well as printers, but has to develop his knowledge as he's going to sign a partnership for remanufacturing printers.

Well Artefil is computer engineer since a very long time when key debugging still exists on mainframe. Yes, before AS400, and RISC 6000, when there are mainly two computer companies : HP & IBM, and the very firsts Apple II, that's it. In my department in charge of computer security we had an Apple writer, and the company was owning very big line printers (dot matrix) and some lasers. I can't remember if I have had a home printer.

in 2001 (Space Odissey) Artefil has worldwide patented ( France, first deposit ) what seemed for him a very cool idea, a 3D printer. Unfortunately choosing France wasn't already, at the time, the best choice he made. They don't believe the patent will have any future despite winning a research price, and presenting it to a worldwide printers exhibition in Pirmasens (Germany). When asking bankers for having some money to continue developping it, they laughed at him. He was rejected because they said his company is a too small one, to have any chance. Only big companies (such as Renault) should ask for money.

20 years after he hasn't earn a penny from his invention. Artefil is still trying to learn a new thing each day.

Owning (today) around 25 printers : mostly HP and Canon but have also one or two (heavy) Brother laser printers. Artefil is still a beginner, and knows he doesn't know anything.

He will listen first, and ask for solutions, before answering any question. He told me he won't make any mistake.

PK Project Manager

Printer Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

First of all, accept all my apologizes if I make some misspelling or mistakes when explaining, english isn't my mother tongue.

Artefil is living in Langeais (French Loire Valley) since 11 years, where he's holding a small refurb electronics company but had also worked in Germany for one of the former world major T&M company : Will'Tek. He's repairing laptop and PCB's as well as printers, but has to develop his knowledge as he's going to sign a partnership for remanufacturing printers.

Well Artefil is computer engineer since a very long time when key debugging still exists on mainframe. Yes, before AS400, and RISC 6000, when there are mainly two computer companies : HP & IBM, and the very firsts Apple II, that's it. In my department in charge of computer security we had an Apple writer, and the company was owning very big line printers (dot matrix) and some lasers. I can't remember if I have had a home printer.

in 2001 (Space Odissey) Artefil has worldwide patented ( France, first deposit ) what seemed for him a very cool idea, a 3D printer. Unfortunately choosing France wasn't already, at the time, the best choice he made. They don't believe the patent will have any future despite winning a research price, and presenting it to a worldwide printers exhibition in Pirmasens (Germany). When asking bankers for having some money to continue developping it, they laughed at him. He was rejected because they said his company is a too small one, to have any chance. Only big companies (such as Renault) should ask for money.

20 years after he hasn't earn a penny from his invention. Artefil is still trying to learn a new thing each day.

Owning (today) around 25 printers : mostly HP and Canon but have also one or two (heavy) Brother laser printers. Artefil is still a beginner, and knows he doesn't know anything.

He will listen first, and ask for solutions, before answering any question. He told me he won't make any mistake.
Hey @Artefil - welcome to our community, we're glad to have you with us! :frow