Anyone heard of this paper?

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
I just bought another Canon Pixma Pro-100 off Craigslist new I'm box and the seller gave me a new box of paper but the website for it is gone. Has anyone ever heard of Photo Dimensions paper? It's a Canadian company www.photodimensions.ca. I tried the .com site as well with no luck. I would like to find a profile if possible.
P_20151209_204207.jpg

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I just bought another Canon Pixma Pro-100 off Craigslist new I'm box and the seller gave me a new box of paper but the website for it is gone. Has anyone ever heard of Photo Dimensions paper? It's a Canadian company www.photodimensions.ca. I tried the .com site as well with no luck. I would like to find a profile if possible. View attachment 3656

Are you in Canada or the US? - If located close to Ottawa send me couple of sheets and I will make you a generic Colormunki profile for the Pro100 using Precision colour inks.

Chances are the product you have is a rebadged house branded version of a mainstream product line.

In reality there are very few paper mills in North America manufacturing Inkjet paper. Despite what we think, it really is a small market, and paper mills need to operate at continuous high capacity just to break even. Generally speaking, each brand tends to be differentiated more in the packaging and advertising than the product property's.

There is a small chance it is an imported off shore product, but the high weight to low value ratio of paper makes that unlikely in small quantities.

If Mike at Precision Colors cannot help you, and I am amazed daily at the high quality of his customer support, you may be able to select an existing profile that works from a range of profiles combined with printer choices. (ie Matte, satin, gloss, Baryta, etc) - Or more prosaically "Trial and error`.

I am further assuming this is a one-off deal as you cannot replace this paper, and have no idea of it's quality. Unless you have a large box, it maybe best to write this one off a a freebie, and just use if for scrap or test images.

rs

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks Roy. I am in Canada but BC. I only have 100 sheets so not a huge amount. I'm not too sure if it's worth sending you any sheets but I appreciate the offer. I'll just try a few different paper profiles and see what happens. I didn't realize that there were so few paper mills around.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Thanks Roy. I am in Canada but BC. I only have 100 sheets so not a huge amount. I'm not too sure if it's worth sending you any sheets but I appreciate the offer. I'll just try a few different paper profiles and see what happens. I didn't realize that there were so few paper mills around.

Well all you have to send me is two sheets letter size for a Colormunki profile. If nothing seems to work it may be worth considering.

To clarify and not to mislead anyone. There are lots of brand name choices. My point being that the multiplicity of fancy brand names comes from a small core of paper makers and paper coaters. Inkjet papers could be classified as a niche industry. Kinda like the micro breweries.

Anyway enjoy the good weather in British California. Snow has not arrived in the east yet. Probably due to El Nino or Global Warming Alarmism depending on your preferred conspiracy theory. :mad:

rs

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
This paper was imported to Canada and one time was carried by Canada Computers. It is not a bad paper and has the ability to accentuate reds more than most papers if it behave like the luster one. Chances are the same profile for the luster variant might actually work as it might have the same substrate.

flowrider

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks a lot for the information! So much to learn with papers all over again. Printing digitally is all new to me as my printing experience is all from the days of silver and large format negatives. I have to say that this will at least be cleaner (until I refill my carts) and healthier for me!