Anybody know where to find Extra Large Refill Carts for the Epson R3000?

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
When i originally bought my refill kit for my printer, At the time of looking I seen somewhere had 29ml carts instead of the 26ml or whatever it is. This meant that the part of the cart that you need to prime the ink into never ran dry before the printer thought the cart was empty.
The reason I want these is because the odd time when I have let the cart run right out by accident I need to run the ink charge using the wic reset tool which uses half my cart.
The problem I now have is I can't find these larger carts anywhere.
Anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
BTW the OEM carts also run into early empty as well at random times but you would not notice it because the sensor behind the chip on the OEM carts would protect you from running dry. That is one reason the sensor is there. Just keep topping off as necessary with refillables. Estimated ink useage can be off as much as 20%. So do not depend on the simulated levels guide you as to the real ink level....they are crude estimates.

It is not a problem on the R3000 to physically top off early or open the lid once in a while.

nmbill

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Inkjet Mall now offers 60ml (!) refillable cartridges for the R3000. I haven't used them, so can't say how well they work. They do require removing the ink cartridge cover because of their size.