Any success refilling Canon cartridges with Canon OEM bottle ink?

AleIsi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8720
Hi everybody! I'm planning to refill my CLI-251 / PGI-250 cartridges for my iP8720. I'm going to use the OEM cartridges with a redsetter from Octoinkjet using the top fill method.

My question is...has anyone had any success refilling these cartridges with OEM bottle ink? I was looking into the GI-23 Chromalife 100 (I'm willing to lose some fade resistency changing to Chromalife 100 (not +)) for all the dye inks and GI-20 for the pigment black ink, but I've seen some threads where people are having damaged printer heads by using other canon ink in these cartridges.

Any opinions? or any experience?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It is true that the use of non-Canon ink can have a detrimental effect on your print head, so if you choose to use only OEM bottled ink then you print head will be safe..
Any opinions? or any experience?
Many have chosen the same route..

AleIsi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8720
Oh thank you so much! Do you think I need to flush the yellow cartridge to avoid the yellow gello? it has Chromalife 100+ and I'll be using chormalife 100 (not +)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Do you think I need to flush the yellow cartridge to avoid the yellow gello?
Not if you don’t want too, it’s not necessary any more to be worried about “Yellow Gello”, anyway the issue was the other way around, when switching from OEM ink to 3rd party inks, and most 3rd party ink suppliers have now fixed that issue.. Its long since pasted..