Any refillable HP 6968 carts (902 carts) available?

LumEtters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP-6968
Wallet pain in 1st month of HP's automatically sending ink carts. I cancelled membership. I felt guilty for sending the carts back with all that ink I paid for. Drill 'em and syringe 'em eased the shame. Any thoughts or experience with carts from China?

I used a CISS on the Canon IP4200. Clear carts are nice for refills.

Where I blew it, I gave away copies of my unpublished book to proof reader/critiques without a careful read of HP's deal. All I saw was a rosy picture of "Free" ink for 3 months.

DUH

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@LumEtters, my advice is to invest in a Canon Maxify, there are quite a few models and prices to choose from, but the one thing they all have in common is they are very rugged, with all the bells and whistles you’d expect.

They come with big cartridges which are dead easy to refill, and there are plenty of suppliers to get good inks from, the print quality is second to none and its speed is very impressive, check one out for yourself...

LumEtters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP-6968
3 Canon printers were all reliable, just worn out. Local small town's big store had Epson. Bought one for scanner and printer head. Took it back after 3 days of trouble with scanner. Got this 6968. Print and scanner have been reliable. But, clear-cased carts may be slow coming. LD says "coming soon" and MIS says, "coming soon". Fingers crossed here. My budget forbids buying another printer. I'll refill the "Startup" carts in the meantime, I guess.

LumEtters

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP-6968
Maxify line has refillable carts and ink. I bought one. Don't put the HP ink for the 6968 in the refillable's, speaking from experience. It does not flow properly, but does not seem to completely block the print head. A switch back to Canon carts and printing about five pages of text clears the print head back to normal printing.

We will test with two black (supposedly different) filled carts and one 100 ml bulk coming Monday for the Canon PGI-1200 slots. I hope the bulk ink is compatible. As for the HP6968 ... it will be a spare or will be anothers.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When you get your refillable cart for the Maxify, don’t be tempted to over fill them, only put the recommend amount of ink in, any extra and the excess will spill out into your printer, O’ and Canon 3rd party inks works best..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Maxify line has refillable carts and ink. I bought one. Don't put the HP ink for the 6968 in the refillable's, speaking from experience. It does not flow properly, but does not seem to completely block the print head. A switch back to Canon carts and printing about five pages of text clears the print head back to normal printing.

Well, that's a rugged printhead !