Any decent color laser printers for around $100?

nopeda

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP280
Hi,

Are there any decent color laser printers available for around $100 just for home use? I've seen some on ebay in that price range, but don't know if they're worth using or not. It would only be a dozen or so pages a month at most. I've got an ink printer that does ok for text but for any sort of picture it is horrible!!! Also anything that involves color is always terrible even with new cartridges. All of the laser prints I've seen have looked great, but they have always been from a copy place where I go to get decent prints made. Is it possible to get a decent laser printer so I don't have to go to a copy place whenever I want a decent picture or color print?

Thank you for any help with this!
David

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Equipment in this pricing range is frequently offered with sale/discount actions in electronics stores etc. You may look for special offers in the next days and then google the experience of other people for that model. Laser printers are o.k. in this pricing range, their disadvantage is the pretty high per page printing cost, so it all depends on your typical printing volume. And it all depends what your requirements are for a 'decent picture' , the prints are not bad, but it's up to you to say it's good enough. Laser prints are not like color prints by a photo shop or an online photo service - they use different papers and a different production technique. Please let me just point you to another detail I recently checked on a small color laser
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/any-decent-color-laser-printers-for-around-100.11006/

This model is not available anymore, but Samsung may have a successor of this one in their product range.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The answer is in your question…

No, because the cheaper the printer is to purchase the more expensive it is to run, the inbuilt cost of 4 inks, cleaning carts and belts all mount up very quickly, the better option is an inkjet printer which can have lower running costs..