Annoying recurring problem with Cannon pixma 2000

Jan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have had a Cannon pixma 2000 a year and a bit. Colour prints fine, but I find that I have to run the cleaning cycle EVERY DAY before I print. If I don't then black either packs up half way down the first page or I get large white streaks where black has missed. I run a cleaning cycle and it's fine. I know it's not the end of the world and I do get a decent print after the cleaning cycle, but I'm annoyed about ink wasted through cleaning cycles. Would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Does that happen with any black cartridge, or just your recent one ?

Jan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
It has happened with several. I usually refill so last time I tried buying a new one, in case the old was at the end of it's refillable life. It happened with the new cartridge. I have refilled it since and it is still happening. I use what I believe is a good quality ink, formulated for Cannon printers, though i am in UK, not US, so cannot use the ones recommended on this site.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Was the new cartridge an OEM cartridge ? If yes, your printhead may have a problem. If not your ink has a problem and you should contact your ink vendor.