An OKI Colour printer added to my stable..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have just pick up a nice OKI 3640 Colour Digital SRA3 printer for free, its ten year old and has done thousands of prints, but has been serviced through its life..

The only down side of this beast is its weight (76 Kg) and I had a hell of a time getting it in and out of the back of the car, I managed to sit it nicely on my bench next to the computer, it was the only bench capable of taking the load.

I was able to rearrange the computer room with not much trouble, the Maxify had to be moved over the top of my Pro 9500 where I have spare powered sockets and USB Hubs, and now that I got everything in and working it was time to give the new beast a try..

I printed a few odds and ends then decided to try it on a photo print, it was never meant to be for colour photographs, only graphics where it excels..

This is a harry Potter print and the top print is from my Pro 9500 on glossy paper and the second is from this OKI on plain 150 gm paper, they were both scanned with no editing and were put together with Photoshop..
print Sample.jpg Click to enlarge Capture3.jpg

Now that I have this thing, I reckon I may have bitten off more than I can chew, because I don’t really know what I’m going to use the darn thing on, but I just couldn’t turn it down.. Sucker…

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Have fun with your Oki printer - be aware - there are no clogged nozzles to clean.......

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
...and no waste ink pads to worry about.. although good quality toner cartridges aren't exactly cheap.:rolleyes:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
although good quality toner cartridges aren't exactly cheap
I was given several new OEM toner carts with the machine, plus the only one that’s showing a bit low now is the yellow, (Rest are full) and these carts are fairly large anyway, but when I get to a point where I can’t print anymore (Out of Toner) I’ll dump the beast..

I’ll just enjoy the moment while it lasts..:hugs