All in One

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
I just purchased a Canon Pixma Pro 100 and love it. However, I need an "inexpensive" (under $100) all in one printer for copies, text, and scans. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Suggest you just purchase a flatbed scanner. Most have buttons that you push ,that scans and sends the result right to your printer. Remember, if anything fails in an all-in-one, ALL functionality is lost...

Printer cart empty? You can't scan!

Waste pad full? You can't scan!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Remember, if anything fails in an all-in-one, ALL functionality is lost...
The scanner failed in myMP830 and I was able to continue to print.

jnug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I sorta' wish I had the desk space for a stand alone scanner, mainly so that I could choose the scanner I want instead of taking what one gets in the all in one. But in my case I usually scan so that I can manipulate something digitally and then print that output. So if my printer won't print, not having the scanner is not that much of a practical deficit for me. I have to go get a new printer in any event just to do what I intended anyway.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Suggest you just purchase a flatbed scanner. Most have buttons that you push ,that scans and sends the result right to your printer. Remember, if anything fails in an all-in-one, ALL functionality is lost...

Printer cart empty? You can't scan!

Waste pad full? You can't scan!
Just get a scanner + 100 :thumbsup

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I sorta' wish I had the desk space for a stand alone scanner, mainly so that I could choose the scanner I want instead of taking what one gets in the all in one. But in my case I usually scan so that I can manipulate something digitally and then print that output. So if my printer won't print, not having the scanner is not that much of a practical deficit for me. I have to go get a new printer in any event just to do what I intended anyway.
Used scanners are CHEAP, just go to Goodwill or The Salvation Army store...anything more that $10 is too much to pay...just check that it has drivers for your system.

Heck, recently I've seen NEW wand style battery powered hand scanners (that fit in a drawer and scan to a provided SD card) available under $20 delivered to your door!