Aftermarket software to clean Epson nozzles?

Dan Yeager

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 2880
Does anyone know of software to selectively clean one nozzle? I have a 2880 that serially clogs the cyan noz. Sometimes 2 or 3 print checks clear things up, but often I have to use the head cleaning utility. Too much ink wasted to clear one color, in my opinion. Thanks, Dan Y.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Cyan is one of the colors that has a heavy pigment load. Rather than using software against all the colors, create a really dark cyan graduated rectangle in Photoshop. Then occasionally run this through the printer to keep the cyan moving....see what interval you can achieve before you get a clog again. Now if you use Windows 10, set the alarm to remind you to sent that print through the printer. You can also experiment with determining how small the rectangle needs to be to achieve the same interval. If you're using the printer less than once per week or two, expect this behavior.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Cyan may be more prone to clogging but the other pigment inks are not free from it either. You may print some small patch with a purge file like this one on a particular schedule you can test out
Purge 8.jpg

This is typically less ink and time consuming than heavy purge and cleaning cycles once you get stubborn clogs

Dan Yeager

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 2880
Guys, thanks to all for the input - I used to print a test image similar to Fingers' once every week or so, but managed to fall out of the habit. Gotta get back to it, I guess. I'll resurrect my test image, and add Mikling's cyan patch, since cyan is the big offender.

When I print, I precede the actual print with a nozzle check on the BACK of the sheet - instant feedback and a denser, sharper, easier-to-read pattern than I get on "plain white paper".

Dan