Additonal Steps for refilling color HP cartridges?

koolaid4star

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello All.

I was jsut wandering whether other refillers have come up with additonal steps for refilling dried out color cartirdges?
i have the refill machine form Ayaz, and i do not seem to have to much luck refilling HP color cartirdges, the colors so not all come out totgether, possibly an air buble problem, or sometimes cross color contamination happens. Does anyone haev any advice for rejuvinating color cartidges?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
koolaid4star said:
Hello All.

I was jsut wandering whether other refillers have come up with additonal steps for refilling dried out color cartirdges?
i have the refill machine form Ayaz, and i do not seem to have to much luck refilling HP color cartirdges, the colors so not all come out totgether, possibly an air buble problem, or sometimes cross color contamination happens. Does anyone haev any advice for rejuvinating color cartidges?
I'm using my own built vaccum machine to refill canon cartridges because like you said dried out sponge will not absorb ink very good, no problems as I started to use vacuum refill method. I used to purge the cartridges with distilled water only once every 50 refills or when sponge will not absorb ink well, but as I said that is not needed at least now.

koolaid4star

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. do you only refill Canon's using your machine, or can you do any cartridge?
For me, canon's seem's to be the easiset to refill, except for the 41, which i'm tryign my best to rejuvinate.
Has anyone tried the ink cartridge flush solution, that supposed to make refilling dried sponges easier?
If anyone takes addtional steps other than the obvoius then please share your secrets to success.

Thanks,
koolaid

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
koolaid4star said:
Thanks for your quick response. do you only refill Canon's using your machine, or can you do any cartridge?
For me, canon's seem's to be the easiset to refill, except for the 41, which i'm tryign my best to rejuvinate.
Has anyone tried the ink cartridge flush solution, that supposed to make refilling dried sponges easier?
If anyone takes addtional steps other than the obvoius then please share your secrets to success.

Thanks,
koolaid
Like you said, 41 is harder to refill since the cartridge has integrated print head. I refill them by drilling a hole on the side to leave maze part undamaged, then fill using syringe with ink.

After some time the ink absorption decrease then I use vacuum to fill it. I connect 3 ink containers with CMY inks to the holes I made seal them, and I made a custom clip to seal the print head nozzles and maze part. The ink tubes that go into ink containers are unsealed to allow bubbles from ink cartridge to escape. Then when I pull on the vacuum it bubbles like crazy and when bubbling stops I release vacuum to fill the cartridge.

This method has never failed me, keep in mind that 41 cartridge refill count can't be compared to normal print head. It somehow clogs with paper dust if you do allot of printing on plain paper. I was unable to clean it in a few cases.
The black 40 cartridge is another story works like a charm.

I have refilled only HP 10 black and 82 CMY HP cartridges, but they are vacuum containers so can be refilled by usual syringe. Other cartridges have maze parts but most of them can be refilled by vacuum without air bubble blockages too, just read some threads around the forum or post a question this is a very friendly forum.

Ken_CW_Honolulu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
koolaid4star said:
the colors so not all come out totgether, possibly an air buble problem, or sometimes cross color contamination happens. Does anyone haev any advice for rejuvinating color cartidges?
We had a HUGE problem with the HP 93, 95, and 97 tri-color cartridges. Every single one of them would test okay after vaccuum fill, but then a week later, the yellow would no longer footprint. Turns out the nozzles were clogged with dried ink due to the clear clip making an improper seal. This, and your contamination issues, lead me to believe that the problem is in the SEALING and STORAGE phase.

We currently use blue pressure tape and a flat padded black clip to make an airtight seal on all print heads. The secret is to keep ink off the nozzles and prevent air from contacting the nozzles. If you seal and later notice ink under the tape, you need to reseal or face contamination/clogging.

So how are you sealing and storing your cartridges?

koolaid4star

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think you're right. My hp 95 clip does not seal properly.
I read this article on recharger magazine about sealing with blue tape when its wet with clean water, and this method does work quiet well, but a little ink always runs out the print head. since my post, i have gotten a lot better at colors, but i do get an occansional air bubble problem. where do you buy your refill clips?

Latest posts