ACTION Photo paper and canvas

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-10, Pro9500II, MAXIFY 5350
Thanks for the advice.

I made a profile for the PRO-9500 II with Inkjet Hagaki settings and the result is quite pleasing.
No striking difference in colour with PRO-10 prints (on better paper and with better inks).
I would not be ashamed to give the prints away, most people won't see the difference.
For kids crafting it is easier to print than cardboard.
Will keep my 9500 busy.

Contrary to Aldi and Lidl the paper is always available.

ACTION stores sell low budget items in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Austria, Poland.

IMG_20200204_0001.jpg

PS: they also have magnetic photo paper, in case there is room left on the fridge door.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
L310/805/1800, P400, Pro7600
Contrary to Aldi and Lidl the paper is always available.
I can get the Sihl paper for 8€ per 50 sheets A4 - w/o shipping, but I don't know why Sihl is not shipping outside Germany .
I'm using as it fits cc castcoated fotopapers from Labelheaven, LogicSeek or Mediarange - via Amazon or other dealers.
You are using pigment inks, but users of dye inks should be aware that such cc papers have a rather open surface structure and perform worse than PE papers when tested for UV/ozone stability. So using cheap 3rd party dye refill inks on such cc papers may disappoint you after a while when prints get a suntan look. It's all about the price/performance ratio you need to be aware of and a conscious decision whether such paper is good (enough) for the purpose.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO-10, Pro9500II, MAXIFY 5350
I can get the Sihl paper for 8€ per 50 sheets A4 - w/o shipping, but I don't know why Sihl is not shipping outside Germany .
I'm using as it fits cc castcoated fotopapers from Labelheaven, LogicSeek or Mediarange - via Amazon or other dealers.
You are using pigment inks, but users of dye inks should be aware that such cc papers have a rather open surface structure and perform worse than PE papers when tested for UV/ozone stability. So using cheap 3rd party dye refill inks on such cc papers may disappoint you after a while when prints get a suntan look. It's all about the price/performance ratio you need to be aware of and a conscious decision whether such paper is good (enough) for the purpose.
Labelheaven 180g is offered on amazon.de at very good prices and most important in larger sizes.
Interesting a review mentions the sprocket wheels are visible, same as on my test (with a magnifying glass).
I read also it has not a paper back.
But you mentioned waving, maybe because it is only 180g io 210.
How do you rate this paper with pigment ink ?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
L310/805/1800, P400, Pro7600
I'm only using dye inks on these cc papers, I don't know how they perform with pigment inks. I was using a 180g paper which got rather wavy , I place the printed sheets into clear A4 sleeves so the waviness does not really matter. Imprints of the sprocket wheels may be visible but that doesn't matter for these prints, nobody is viewing them with a magnifier.
I have some 270g Labelheaven paper left, that's heavier and does not get wavy at all. When I compare these cc papers of different brands there is one difference visible that the black level of the Labelheaven papers is not as dark as on the others. This is visible as well when you compare the gamuts, they are all quite similar except the black levels. I got the Labelheaven papers even cheaper than the Amazon offers, I think it was at Rakuten, a platform for sales out, special and surplus deals.