About 3D scanning and copying

Ponny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP4200
Meow

I am not sure, is this right forum for this..... I just thinking about 3d scanning and printing.....

Try to imagine this scenario:

You have at home some super 3D printer from science fiction. And your friend has the newest version of super automatic smart and perfect washing mashine. You wish to have just this model at your home. But you have not enough money to buy it.

Well, you pick up your super 3D printer and go to visit to this frend. Then put your super 3D printer in the bathroom side by side with this super washing mashine. Well, I am not sure, what is exactly protocol in this case. Well, in fact, your super 3D printer has inside also 3D scanner. You know, like this office miltipractices with scanner and printer in one case. Now your 3D scanner starts scanning friend's washing mashine. And saving scan in file of course.

Then you go to your flat and in your bathroom. Now you load this saved file and print it. And you get super truper washing mashine, the newest wersion, totally equal as original and totally working of course.

But in fact you have pirate copy. Hm, but in this momento the washing mashines, refridgerators...... and other mashines at home has no piracy protection built in. I mean they are not protectet from making pirate copyes.

But you have complete functional copy and you can use it. Or not?

Well, this is just result of my thinking.

Ponny