A necessary upgrade for the CR-10..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I got a chance to print the first section on the rebuild on my lamp standard and as it almost got to the end I noticed the print was wobbling on the hotbed because of the weight and height.
P1010893.jpg This was at 270 mm high and no problems..

Up to that point the new CR-10 was bullet proof and printed everything that I gave it, but this was the first tall print and it failed miserably, it didn’t completely finish but it was only short 1 cm so all was not lost.

P1010899.jpg Two extra stabiliser bars..

I decided to install two more stabiliser bars and add a rubber bearing wheel to either side of the hotbed to eliminate any further wobbling, ironically I put stabiliser bars on the top of the vertical frame to stop this very thing, but forgot about the hotbed..

P1010802.jpg This is my old CR-10 becide the new one without the extra stablisers
All’s well that ends well, she very stable now on tall prints, and all I've got to do now is to reinstall the top bars again, because I cannibalised them for the hotbed upgrade..
Stablasers.jpg Click to enlarge..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
:thumbsup

I think you like tinkering with the printers more than you like the prints. ;)

Did you push your lamp over and blame it on the wind so you could upgrade the printer and make another lamp? :p