1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Any interest in a simple photo thread?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

A Good way of Making your Own Designs...

Discussion in '3D Printer Models / Reviews / Experiences' started by The Hat, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Jul 10, 2018
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    When I want to make something that I need, I first browse ://www.thingiverse.com/ to see if there is anything in there that would be suitable or near to what I’m trying to make.

Untitled-24.jpg click to enlarge..

Then I import that STL file into my SCAD App and cut the file unto useful pieces, and by hiding the sections I don’t need I can then save what’s left as a new STL file.
    Untitled-25.jpg

Now you open that as a new STL file in your SCAD App. and import your new STL file and begin to add new pieces to it or join that STL object to other STL pieces till you get the shape and size that you require, it beat the hell out of having to learn code...

Here is a Photo of Nifty’s latch as an illustration as to how to separate, move or join pieces together, an STL file works in much the same way...
    Untitled-23.jpg