Why does my printer re-size some (not all) of my photos/pictures

Lorna

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 7640
Bought a new printer about a month ago, an HP Envy 7640. Printed a page of reference pictures, they all looked fine on the word doc on screen but my printer enlarged some of the pictures. They were still within the same size frame but were enlarged so you could only see the top left quarter of the photo. Everything else including other pictures were fine.

This first occurred on a print of a single picture so I checked sizes and options on the printer to no avail. It has since happened with multiple picture pages (but only to some of the pictures) I have tried changing the format on the pictures, saving in different programmes, even re-sizing the pictures affected, nothing helps. Still the same ones are printed enlarged.

Is this the printer or could there be another cause?

Never had this happen before on my last printer an Epson stylus photo PX710W, what am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I cannot image that this would be a printer or driver problem, I expect Word doing that. I would assume that your driver has a preview function to see that as well, or Word has a print preview to check whether changes of settings have an effect. You may check as well with other programs to print the images, or use a free PDF writer as a virtual printer to check the Word output.

Lorna

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 7640
Thanks for your thoughts, I had also thought it might be a problem with Word but have checked the preview and saved the images in different formats. Have also tried to print from Paint shop pro. Now I'm stumped :(