What printer is now without chips and without cartridge chips???

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
hallo guys, I have read a great deal, I have seen that the only possibility is to get some old brother printer, but till now I have discovered only that laser brother has no chips mostly. Are there 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 multifunction inkjet printer till 80€ that has no chips? Just tell me models, and I will try to find where to buy it.
By the way, there is such printer as Lexmark x1250, which has such menu on computer when you insert new cartridge: select the cartridge type: new or I used it. It uses such numbers of cartridges: 16,17,26,27. Can anyone also confirm, does that printer contains chips or cartridges contain chips? can I freely refill them and then reuse and select in menu as if it is a new cartridge, while all the same it is a refilled one? Thanks.

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You can still buy the Brother DPC197C printer it uses LC980 cartridges which are not chiped
not the most fantastic of printers though

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
You can still buy the Brother DPC197C printer it uses LC980 cartridges which are not chiped
not the most fantastic of printers though

yeah, i see it in the shop, it is the only one probably that is on sale 49€€€.
can you tell me, from what year they started to use chips , i mean brother for inkjet printer all in one???

here is history link for help if you or anyone knows: http://www.brother.it/g3.cfm/s_page...s/s_element/1037460/newsID/1227/searchkey/691

also, what about this:
BROTHER MFC-J245G1
and
BROTHER DCP-J152W

what is better of them and if they are better than this dpc197c and if they have no chips and the cartridges have no chips? thanks, this will be the most full reply then for anyone in search, cos 4 hours on google, and nothing serious.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
May I asked what’s wrong with using a printer that uses chipped cartridges anyway, they have been around for quite some time now and most refillers have learned many a workaround so it’s no longer a big problem to use them.

Epson and Canon may have introduced the use of chipped cartridges but most refillers are more than happy to use these printers and don’t let that spoil their pleasure and enjoyment they get from printing their great photos.

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
nothing, I just decided that and that is all, even if I use lexmark 3330 for years, sometimes I could refill good sometimes bad, but last 4 cartridges that I bought and tried to refill went bad, so I decided to dedicate me to brother, if you are not members of canon ltd. then, i think, guys will reply me for my questions, thanks.

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Canon still allows the user to switch off the chip in the cartridge. That turns a new Canon into a printer with chipless cartridges. The Canon inkjet printers are the highest quality around (together with Epson). I'm satisfied with my Canon printers.

BUT (there is always a but):
Having switched off the chip in your cartridge there is no way to keep an eye on the ink levels while they are in the printer. The Canon cartridges are opaque nowadays, so the only way to check the ink levels is to take the cartridges out and put them on a balance.

You can refill your cartridges after 300 text prints or 100 photos as a work flow. Or you can print until one of the carts is empty and then refill them all. That last option is not without risk.

lovestudio

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Lexmark X3330
ok, guys, thanks, so what model till 80euro for canon allows to do that, also do not talk much, as then the guys above will forget to reply me my questions about brother printers:\
in canon I can remove chip from cartridge or from printer, remove and put in the draw, or what you mean?

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
When the printer stops printing because of out of ink, you can overrule this with a combination of buttons on the printer. The chip on that cartridge is then switched off. You can take out the cartridge, refill it and put it back as many times as you want. The chip remains on the cartridge. The same sequence is performed on the other colors when they are empty.

All Canon printers have this option, so you can choose the model that fits your needs.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with Brother printers, they are still better than Lexmark and they are easy to refill.

Latest posts