What is the difference between a pigment CISS and a Dye CISS?

MKlaue

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
websnail thank you very much for your reply, i will keep both points in mind.

The second one i will certainly do. On the first point do you think if i consume enough ink, lets say i use the hole reservoir before a month help the problem of concentration of pigment at the bottom with a commercial CIS.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
lolopr1 said:
ghwellsjr said:
Printfan, when I go to InkJetCarts.com, I get a message across the top of the page that that domain name is up for sale and that page and all the links appear to be some kind of search engine instead of a vendor's website. What's with that?
@ghwellsjr I dont think he is referring to that site...
He referred to it on post #8. If that's not right, do you have any idea what site he is referring to?

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
ghwellsjr said:
lolopr1 said:
ghwellsjr said:
Printfan, when I go to InkJetCarts.com, I get a message across the top of the page that that domain name is up for sale and that page and all the links appear to be some kind of search engine instead of a vendor's website. What's with that?
@ghwellsjr I dont think he is referring to that site...
He referred to it on post #8. If that's not right, do you have any idea what site he is referring to?
this one http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6179

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
MKlaue said:
websnail thank you very much for your reply, i will keep both points in mind.
You're welcome..

The second one i will certainly do. On the first point do you think if i consume enough ink, lets say i use the hole reservoir before a month help the problem of concentration of pigment at the bottom with a commercial CIS.
To be honest I wouldn't risk it as the headache if you do start getting clogging, is a real hair puller after a while. A little patience, waiting for the necessary bits to convert a CIS or simply building it yourself is worth it, but that's just my opinion.

Just as one small tip, with Epson, it's worth having something like this* coupled with a syringe to draw ink through the CIS system and keep it fresh (ie: stop it from settling). Once you've pulled through a syringe full of ink you just dump it back in the reservoir so it's not wasted, and it allows any concentration that's built up in the cartridge, to get mixed in with the rest of the ink again.

*Note: There are other sources for that part such as InkSupply.com and you can use a luer slip syringe as well if you want.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
printfan1138 said:
support@inkjetcarts.us

As Requested! Happy Printing!
That's not a website, that's an email address. You stated in post #8 that the website was:
printfan1138 said:
Martin, to answer your question I buy everything from Ross Hardie at InkJetCarts.com.
And that website is up for sale. iP4XXX finally posted the correct website a few posts above. I'm just surprised that the answer had to come from someone else.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
websnail said:
1. Bottom feeding reservoirs... Unfortunately this is what you'll get in almost all of the commercial clone kits. The problem is that you get a higher concentrate of pigment at the bottom, it gets fed to the cartridges and promotes clogging.
Resolving the reservoir side of things is best resolved by replacing them with the original dip-tube style of CIS reservoir (ie: a bottle with a tube dipping down into the ink to about 1cm from the bottom)..
Which "dip-tube style" CIS would you recommend?
I only know one that is rather pricey.

What do you think of customize a low-cost "bottom-tube" system: pull the tubes out of the bottom (or cut and seal) and put them in the top? Or put them into simple bottles? How to seal the tube going through the caps on top of the bottles?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
martin0reg said:
Which "dip-tube style" CIS would you recommend?
I only know one that is rather pricey.
The originals are from either Ink Republic or MIS Associates that I can think of immediately...

What do you think of customize a low-cost "bottom-tube" system: pull the tubes out of the bottom (or cut and seal) and put them in the top? Or put them into simple bottles? How to seal the tube going through the caps on top of the bottles?
Personally, if you can get suitable (clean!) bottles I'd go that route.. You can easily drill the necessary holes in the top and ensure they're nice and tight to the tube (but not occluding) and ensure the tube drop distance with a bit of careful measuring and some electricians tape wrapped round like a collar at the appropriate length so the tube doesn't drop further.

It does require a bit of thought but nothing most of the keener enthusiasts, unafraid of a bit of ink on the fingers, couldn't handle..