Watermark/Invisible Ink. Where can I get it?

Sherbet Helix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm looking for 'watermark' and or invisible ink. That only shows up when held to a light source. For example say I printed trees on a white sheet of paper, and when I held said image up to a light source, a sun would appear, or an image that was otherwise invisible. I've looked around and also herd things about photo emulsion (have no idea how this relates to watermarks), screenprinting, and stamps with regards to watermarks. Any and all help/suggestions appreciated.

Sherbet Helix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
OutOFtheinkwell said:
I used to have a gallon bottle of invisible ink but I can't find it!
Whattttttttttttttt.....well at least it exist lol. Do you remember what it was called?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sherbet Helix said:
OutOFtheinkwell said:
Whattttttttttttttt.....well at least it exist lol. Do you remember what it was called?
Invisible inks are real and visible alright, just log on to Alaibaba and check them out.
But if you want to get watermarks with your normal inks why dont you use that function in your printer setup.:)

Sherbet Helix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The Hat said:
Sherbet Helix said:
OutOFtheinkwell said:
Invisible inks are real and visible alright, just log on to Alaibaba and check them out.
But if you want to get watermarks with your normal inks why dont you use that function in your printer setup.:)
What should I type in the search bar there to find them? 'Watermark ink'? As its real easy to get lost/confused on that website lol. Are inks on Alibaba compatible with most injket printers? Function in my printer set up you say? Now your talking :) I'm thinking about getting a decently price Canon inkjet soon. Can any of them do this?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
This is weird, but when I read this I keep thinking about a bridge and water :th

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Sherbet Helix said:
What should I type in the search bar there to find them? 'Watermark ink'? As its real easy to get lost/confused on that website lol. Are inks on Alibaba compatible with most injket printers? Function in my printer set up you say? Now your talking :) I'm thinking about getting a decently price Canon inkjet soon. Can any of them do this?
I looked on the Alibaba site (search for "invisible ink" then choose "Digital printing" under the Printing Type heading on the left) but it seems to only reference Epson printers.

Sherbet Helix

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
msmart said:
Sherbet Helix said:
I looked on the Alibaba site (search for "invisible ink" then choose "Digital printing" under the Printing Type heading on the left) but it seems to only reference Epson printers.
Funny Enough. I'm talking to one of them right now. Apparently their ink works with piezoelectric technology. Which according to research Espon patented. Intially they said it wouldn't work with smaller Espon printers, but they were also tried to sell me a really big printer lol :eyeroll: It comes in a bottle though, so I'm guessing you'd just fill the ink cartridges with said ink and load them in the printer?

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Why not just type (Invisible ink) into Google? I just did and all sorts of sources pop up, including suggestions like how to use lemon juice to make invisible ink! Also pens for sale loaded with invisible ink, and/or the inks themselves!