User c.q. Printer Guides for the Pro 3800

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
1) On the CD that came with my Epson Pro 3800 in 2009, I found a "User Guide" of 196 pages.
For a comparison with the following two guides, I refer to hereafter, In this first guide the pages 8 - 25 are devoted to "Using the printer software (Windows)"

2) Then on the Epson site there is an "User's Guide" for the Pro 3800 (HTML file) also 196 pages, but different: e.g. the chapter "Printing with Windows" is now 65 pages.

3) On the same site there is also the "Epson Stylus Pro 3800 Printer Guide", only 133 pages with a different set up, e.g. the chapter "Printing with Epson drivers for Windows" is only 11 pages but the index is far more detailed with 5 pages, whereas the index in both other Guides is only 1,5 pages.

I noticed when following the "Step-by -step Printing Workflow", by Eric Chan, that the menu's he refers to are sometimes different from what I see in these manuals.

I would appreciate learning from you what User Manual is best to use with my printer.
This all is kind of confusing!
Thank you for your advise!

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
I need the one that is the most relevant!
For me good printing is complicated enough.
To this I don't need an needless enigma!
Can know-body give a to the point advise?
Don't you use manuals? If so, what manual?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Honestly I have never seen the need for the darn things, I just make it up as I go along, but then again I am no stranger to all types of printing, but I do love these printers there’re fascinating little machines.:love

Mistakes are only mistakes if you keep repeating them.. :oops: :woot