Strange nozzle check on Epson T50

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you are right, there are quite some nozzles missing. Which ink are you using - are you printing frequently , does it get better after a cleaning cycle ? Did you have similar problems before ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@yousefwow, It looks very much like air in your system and not clogged nozzles at all, you also seem to have a flooding problem.

You need to concentrate more on maintaining your CISS to eliminate this issue first, the reservoir bottles need to be kept level with your printer and not raised..

yousefwow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50
thanks for your reply @The Hat. Its completly level and I remind you that Changed my CISS also

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I need to come back to my questions and ask you about some of the circumstances and did you change the ink you are using. I'm not sure to think that a printhead with a clean nozzle check would print color patches like in your picture. Did you check the cartridges in the printhead - are they partially filled with ink - e.g. half ?

yousefwow

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50
I changed The che CISS and it has its own ink.yes i changed even my type of ink

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@yousefwow, Your nozzle check has quite a bit of it missing but more so, all your colours are contaminated with mostly black ink and maybe other colours too it’s hard to tell.

If you have changed your CISS unit, inks and cartridges then I would recommend you clean the whole area around the purge unit and wiper blades, give everything a good spray of Windex and then dry clean with paper towels, (Flood the pads)

When you have done that leave the printer to rest for several hours and then try another nozzle check to see if it’s nice and clear and without cross ink contamination, please post another nozzle print..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Click on the "ink replace" button to get the printhead moved off the resting/cleaning pad and get a close look at it to see if there's evidence of ink pooling there. I suspect part of your problem is that your waste ink system is backed up or similar and causing a lot of cross contamination. Also possible that the wiper blade part of the cleaning system is missing, caked or similar, resulting in the underside of the printhead being soiled with droplets of ink or even caked on deposits.

Using a passive head clean approach to help break down all of the above would be useful:
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/epson-rx640-ink-flow-issue.9059/#post-71254

Latest posts