Soon: big test of refillable Epson Pro 3800 cartridges + resetters

LeoChang

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
vicpug said:
It would be nice if in a bladder design, the valve part was somehow screwin/ screwout user replaceable. cheers
vicpug,

Thanks for the suggestion to us.

It is indeed the rubber seals around the ink outlet of the cartridge can wear out over time even though they are made of the same kind of durable material found in a single-use OEM cartridge. However, a refillable cartridge can deliver many liters of ink over its lifetime, rather than the 80mls delivered by a standard cartridge. Please note, this apply to all cartridges pharmacist has reviewed because all of them use rubber seal.

I guess your point is that you want to have new rubber seal once it wear out....I need to think about this because the "screwin/ screwout" part might cause another "weak link" in whole tightly sealed cartridge.

Cheers,

Leo
InkjetFly

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
At the request of everybody involved, and many uninvolved, I have deleted the off topic posts. Please don't make me delete anymore.

Thanks for your co-operation.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
LeoChang said:
I guess your point is that you want to have new rubber seal once it wear out....I need to think about this because the "screwin/ screwout" part might cause another "weak link" in whole tightly sealed cartridge.
That would be my worry...

Anything that involves a screw thread or some other kind of disconnection is likely to cause problems... I think the only way it could work maybe is if the rubber seal itself was something that could screw in/out as that might provide the necessary ability to provide the seal... Even then though I'd have doubts...

Difficult!... but then this is Nifty-stuff... we tackle "difficult" before breakfast ;)

vicpug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
LeoChang said:
That would be my worry...

Anything that involves a screw thread or some other kind of disconnection is likely to cause problems... I think the only way it could work maybe is if the rubber seal itself was something that could screw in/out as that might provide the necessary ability to provide the seal... Even then though I'd have doubts...

Difficult!... but then this is Nifty-stuff... we tackle "difficult" before breakfast ;)
Screwthread sealed by an o-ring would work. cheers

LeoChang

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
vicpug,

There is a chance users need to replace the o-ring before rubber seal wear out. Just like websnail said - "Anything that involves a screw thread or some other kind of disconnection is likely to cause problems... ".

Given the cost to replace a cartridge is less than $10, it is better to replace whole cartridge once rubber seal wear out after 2 years or so. Also this is a good way to keep cartridge fresh to prolong the lifespan of printer.

Leo

vicpug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
LeoChang said:
vicpug,

There is a chance users need to replace the o-ring before rubber seal wear out. Just like websnail said - "Anything that involves a screw thread or some other kind of disconnection is likely to cause problems... ".

Given the cost to replace a cartridge is less than $10, it is better to replace whole cartridge once rubber seal wear out after 2 years or so. Also this is a good way to keep cartridge fresh to prolong the lifespan of printer.

Leo
good point!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just to pick up this older topic: Inkrepublic.com recently has updated the cartridge system and the new system is now compatible to the latest Epson Pro 3880 too. Unfortunatetely there is no link for the latest Vivid Magenta inkset.

http://www.inkrepublic.com/3880-iRefill.asp

So owners of the latest Epson Pro 3880 can now enjoy lower printing costs with this system too, like the Epson Pro 3800. This system is compatible to both the Epson Pro 3800 and the Pro 3880. The strange thing is that it is not possible to see which type of inkset is supplied with the cartridges: normal magenta/light magenta or the vivid magenta/light magenta.

Since the cartridges are physically the same like the older Pro 3800 i-refill system, the changes are probably in the two tuning chips which are controlling all the other chips to work together with the new Epson Pro 3880.

P.S.: they seem to have linked to my youtube video's as well on their website: I'm honored :)

andrep

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Pharmacist cand you tell me the model number for resetting both tank and cartridge for the epson stylus pro 3800 thanks