Site is loading endlessly..

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
..without effect..have to click on "stop loading" and "reloading"...
What is going wrong...my browser or your site / server / ..??
(noticed that since a few days)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Most lightly it’s your browser, because no one has reported any similar issues.
Which browser are you using that causes this problem, have you tried using any other browser temporarily just to see if that cures your problems..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Clear your browser cache and OS temp files. CCleaner does a nice job of this if you want automation with full control on the process.

Shut down computer. Restart computer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
..without effect..have to click on "stop loading" and "reloading"...
What is going wrong...my browser or your site / server / ..??
(noticed that since a few days)
Has this happened as a result of a link you followed, could it be that you're using an old nifty-stuff link? Anything that might give us something to go on?

Just asking because I'm aware of two things that may be related.

1. Any links to external content on here go through a tracker intermediary which may have been classified as a bad site (for whatever reason) by software in your browser, etc..

2. If you are using old nifty-stuff links to access the site you may be hitting a redirect loop of some description.. Can't think what but I suspect a redirect is setup on the old domain and I've known such issues as you've described to hit as a result of a mistake in there.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
2 or 3 days ago your I got "server down" on your site, not other sites, just for one day or less...so I thought the loading thing is due to the site not my browser or computer.
I will shut down and see what happens tomorrow..
PS: just noticed, it seems to be the right column (with "recent" and more) which is not refreshing..

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
2 or 3 days ago your I got "server down" on your site, not other sites, just for one day or less...so I thought the loading thing is due to the site not my browser or computer.
PS: just noticed, it seems to be the right column (with "recent" and more) which is not refreshing..

I also got the message indicating the site was not available couple of days or so ago.

Few hours later I retried, and there it was! Has been rock solid ever since, so that probably was not the cause of your problem.

RS

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

I also noticed that the site was down for most of the day a couple of days ago. After the site came up again, I have no problems, neither with Firefox nor IE. My OS is Win 8.1 64 bit. You could try Crtl+F5 for a more complete cache refresh.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Forgot one other issue that can cause all manner of problems...

If you get a corrupted download on client side code files like Javascript, etc... you can find yourself in this sort of situation as well.. For whatever reason a new version isn't recognised and the script has something in it that forces a refresh. Again the solution here is a proper cache clear our and reload so checking how to do that for your specific browser is worth the effort.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
After log out, close the browser and shut down the computer yesterday and revisiting right now, loading and refreshing the site seems to work fine. Thanks to all for participation.

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
PS: one hour later, after "standby" (not shut down) and waking up the computer, the site is loading again without coming to an end.
The site is open and I can visit and write (like right now). But the small button on the left of the URL does not turn from X (for stop) to the still round arrow (for refresh). While the small icon, which is at the left of each "flag", keeps circling... in other words it keeps refreshing.

Only with this site, all other open sites in firefox are doing fine... I will see if it depends on standby instead of shut down..