Reliable Chip resetters for Canon CLI-8 ?

highmeadowhiker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Can I get user reviews on chip resetters for the Canon CLI-8 cartridges? A good reliable resetter would be a convenience, but obviously not a necessity.

My wife and I take many family photos, and I have learned that after filling the cartridges, I can print about 20 contact sheets before running very low on PC, PM, and Y. I have wasted ink when during the printing of a a sheet one or more cartridges runs too low, and of course the affected sheet comes out unusable. One fix is to open the cover and check the levels after each sheet, but this is a somewhat inconvenient break in my workflow.

A reliable chip resetter would probably be a convenience. Because such resetters are probably not sold by sources with easy return/refund policies, I wish to avoid disappointment by benefitting from user reviews.

Suggestions?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I have a vested interest myself but the REdSETTER brand are a good choice and work with all the CLI-8 carts..
Grey, PM, Green, Red, etc...

jamesl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm still not sure if I am doing this right. (Am I supposed to start a new post or find a similar conversation such as this one?)

At any rate, I have a bravo 4102 and I have two questions: what kind of lexmark printer (model number) is the printer, and, how can I reset the chips? When I refill the cartridge, it recognizes it as empty, even though it is now full.

thanks
James

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
@highmedowhicker, where are you located? The one I bought HERE is still going strong.

@jamesl, I can't help you with your cartridge issue, but to post a new topic, click the Post New Topic link when looking at the forum index rather than Post Reply in a thread.