Questions about Epson Picturemate

jopdigrebel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all,

Over the weekend I picked up an older Epson Picturemate at a flea market. The printer driver reports that the cartridge has about 40% ink left in all colors... but the printer's display keeps giving the message "Error Code P - Replace Cartridge". I've tried to reset the ink counter using the SSC Service Utility software without success... but that particular Epson resetting software does see and communicate with the printer. Any ideas?

Also... I see remanufactured Picturemate cartridges on Ebay for about $13 shipped. I know Epson recommends their Picturemate "pack", but can I just use regular 4x6 photo paper with these remanufactured carts?

Thanks much!

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
I was wondering the same thing. I want to get me a picturemate am some refillable ink cartridges but i would want to know if i could just use regular photo paper an regular dye ink.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
I want some info on type of ink to use in epson printers using to print photo..

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Want good photo prints ? / Try an Epson Artisan 725 ( Epson sells them for $99.99 on occasion ( then goes back to $199.99, "timing is everything"). Then get a good damper/chip set, ( I paid $39.00 for mine), inks can set you back $5.50 a bottle x 6 for a total out lay ( Not including shipping and tax) of about $175.00 (or less). If that sounds like too much money for you, think about this. This set up will save you enough money before your first set of inks run out to pay for at least 6 more new printers and the cost of the dampers/chip set is a one time cost that will last for years. So after that initial cost, every time you replace inks from that start up point you will be saving a ton of money! And you'll love the beautiful prints for years to come. This forum has all the information you need to learn what ink to use and how to use it, and how set up a simple CIS damper/chip set up to enjoy affordable printing for years to come. The first time I did this I saved so much money over ink costs I still have three printers, still in the box) sitting in my closet ready to go. When I was younger and foolish that might have been my own beer keg dispenser instead of three printers but now its all about printing. Of course it makes sense only if you print a lot, I average 10 prints a week minimum. If your a once a month printer buy an HP with heads in the cartridge.

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
Thanks.. I will look into that..

Latest posts